One of my favorite parts of preparing for a holiday is developing the menu. Since I shared our Easter/Spring menu last year, I thought I’d share our planned dishes for the holiday again this year.
For most holidays, Nick and I typically eat appetizers around lunchtime and then spend the afternoon enjoying ourselves, relaxing or playing games. We usually wait to eat our traditional meal until dinnertime, since my holiday menus always include a signature cocktail 🙂
- I like a light, fresh cocktail for spring, so this Easter my signature cocktail is the Cherry beer margarita.
- Sticking with the Mexican theme of the margarita, for appetizers we’ll be having Chili lime shrimp cups.
- In recent years we’ve dined on pork loin, lamb chops and prime rib, so to mix it up once again, for our main course this year we’ll be having a traditional Sweet and smokey Spanish style ham.
- Nick and I love fennel, so this citrus, fennel and avocado salad sounded light and fresh.
- We always love to have a small side of soup, which is usually asparagus soup or roasted tomato, so this year we’ll change it up and make Carrot leek soup.
- I have a couple of leftover small new potatoes, so I plan to make these simple Baked new potatoes.
- Deviled eggs (no recipe, just toss egg yolks with a teaspoon of mayo and a dash of mustard powder).
Nick and I dyed our eggs earlier this evening, so they are ready to be prepared Sunday morning!
- Poundcake strawberry shortcake. Nick (our in-house baker prepared pound cake tonight), which we’ll slice and top with macerated strawberries and creme.
I also made some simple bird nest name cards with some natural Easter basket grass and faux eggs, which I wrote our names on with a gold Sharpie pen.
We have a few more preparations to make, but I’m excited to celebrate the Easter holiday and the coming of Spring. Wishing you all a blessed and Happy Easter!