Nick and I try to get together a few times each month for after-work drinks; it’s a good way for us to reconnect and try out new pubs and restaurants around the city.
Wednesdays are our preferred night out – it’s a nice midweek break from work and most places are uncrowded and relatively quiet compared to later in the week and weekend. Our happy hour dates have been affectionately dubbed, One Drink Wednesday, even though we sometimes break the rules and have two drinks 🙂
When Nick and I met up this week we thought it was the perfect opportunity to drink a pumpkin beer and officially check the first item off our fall bucket list! Cheers Prost to fall!
2012 Fall Bucket List:
- Attend a fall festival or Oktoberfest
- Carve a pumpkin and roast the seeds
- Go on a fall picnic
- Roast s’mores in the fireplace
- Bake pumpkin bread
- Go on a hike and enjoy nature
- Try a new hearty soup or fall recipe
- Drink apple cider
- Go camping
- Run the Turkey Trot 5/10-mile
- Drink a pumpkin beer (Starr Hill Boxcar Pumpkin Porter)
- Create a fall mantle